Sunday, January 1, 2017

Last Finish for 2016

I started out the year making plans to complete many projects and to try to start just a few new ones.  This UFO Challenge from allpeoplequilt's was a good source of inspiration.  I filled out the list at the beginning of the year and each month checked the website to see which number had been chosen.  I did pretty well keeping up for the first few months.  My progress was slowing down in the summer and came to a stop in the fall.  As I look at this picture I noticed that I did not note that I did complete my August project, my Adornit quilt top.  Front and back are complete and waiting to be quilted.


I am excited that I was able to get back to a project just after Christmas, number 8 on my list and I have now completed my "Vintage" quilt from the Simply Retro book by Camille Roskelley.


This quilt was really fun to put together and I think this is one I will have to try again.  If I fill in my Adornit quilt top finish on my list I will have completed 7 out of 12.  Looking at the rest of the items on the list, I will have to transfer them to my 2017 finish goals.  

I will be linking to Julie's Hello 2016 Goodbye UFO's December post.  Thank you Julie for all of your inspiration and encouragement.


Happy New Year!

Sherry

3 comments:

  1. Vintage looks fabulous. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you did pretty good with your list. Congrats! Here's to more creativity and more finishes in the new year. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete