Saturday, April 18, 2015

Sewing With Friends

I feel so blessed to have had a day to spend with friends who love to sew and talk and laugh together.  I had the privilege of traveling to Coupeville for a Sit and Sew.  I was there from 9 am until 8:30 pm or so.  It is an hour and a half drive for me to get there but driving north through Skagit Valley and across Deception Pass bridge is a beautiful drive.  I always enjoy spending time with this fun group of sewers and quilters.

This is the project I focused on for most of the day.  I used a couple of Riley Blake Layer Cakes and made the Tumblers Quilt from "More Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott.  I think I might add a little random applique to the plain blocks.  This pattern really showcases this fun fabric.

This is the picture of this quilt that is in the book.

I did a little work on my Daisy Days project while at the Sit and Sew.  My blocks are ready to piece together.

A few of us are doing the Adornit block of the month at the Sit and Sew, I have had some fun with this so far.

Another fun part of the day was visiting Melanie's quilt shop.  She had ordered this fabric for me earlier this year, I am excited about starting work on the Snapshots quilt at the Fat Quarter Shop.  
The weather is beautiful here today and I am going to head outside for a while and do a little weed pulling.  Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you have been busy and having lots of fun :) The quilt is simply lovely and the colors are beautiful and very cheerful!

    Have a wonderful Sunday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty quilt and any time spent with friends is time well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely projects there Sherry and that stack of fabric looks gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete