Thursday, March 12, 2015

March Project "Sew Sweet Simplicity" Complete

I had set my goal for March to complete my Sew Sweet Simplicity quilt top and I was able to get it done early this month.  I used  fabrics that I had her at home and used Jacquelynne Steves BOM to make the blocks. 


I really like using the white sashing between the blocks.


I used Jacquelynne's design for the layout of my quilt top and I am very happy with how it turned out.


Most of the fabrics I used a from "Wild World" by Jenean Morrison for Free Spirit.
I did not have enough border fabric to complete the quilt but when I last visited Melanie at Fabric Chicks she had enough left of this fabric to use for the outer border.


I have various pieces of fabric left to put together for the backing and then I will have it quilted.  
It is nice to complete another project.  Many more projects are waiting but there is no pressure, the process is all supposed to be enjoyed.  
I will be linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes later this month.  Click here to visit the March finishers.

3 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty - so soft and pleasing. You did a great job on your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry,

    This is so lovely. How very talented you are! Wow.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes a person want to curl up underneath it for a nice nap.

    ReplyDelete