Sunday, January 15, 2017

Reading Pillows for Christmas

I really love to make gifts for people and sometimes I find something fun to make for all of my grandchildren for Christmas.  This year I was having trouble coming up with an idea.

And then I was reminded that I saw this tutorial at The Polka Dot Chair and made a decision that this is what I would be making for our grandchildren for Christmas.

I managed to make ten reading pillows this year.  It was so much fun and I have a few more to make throughout the year ahead.

I added their names with simple embroidery on my machine and machine appliqued something I cut out from the fabrics.

Many of the books were purchased at a library book sale held conveniently at my place of work.

The kids were pretty excited to receive their pillows and books.

I had the chance to sew all of these fun pillows while spending a few days at the ocean on a cold and wet weekend, which was an added bonus for me.

It is great to be able to use ideas shared by others to create something fun.  Thank you Melissa at The Polka Dot Chair for sharing this project.  I should start thinking about next years project  but for now I do have a few more pillows to make.

Sherry

1 comment: