Monday, January 23, 2017

2017 Fun - The Cookbook Quilt Along

I have decided to join in on a few block of the month and quilt along projects this year.  I will share them all with you soon but first I will share my blocks for The Cookbook Quilt Along.  When I read about The Cookbook Quilt Along I though I might try to follow along.  I checked out the book from the library to see if I thought it would be something that would work for me.  After looking through the book and reading Amy Gibson's blog post about the quilt along I decided to give it a try.  Each week Amy Gibson, the author of the book, shares a tutorial on her blog to help with putting your blocks together.   


I gathered the Denise Schmidt fabrics I had collected over time at Joann fabrics, washed and pressed them and I was ready to go.


Block 1

Block 2

Block 3

It is time to start block 4, Amy's blog post is here. I don't think I will be able to get to it right away.
I have enjoyed making these block and using these fabrics so far.  I am not certain about my fabric combinations, especially in block 1.  I will just keep at it and see how far I can go.  I will remind myself to enjoy the process and to keep learning new things with each block.  I will not fail if I don't complete every block in the book.  Happy Stitching!

                                                                Sherry                                                               

2 comments:

  1. I think they all look great. Remember, you aren't seeking perfection. Enjoy the process, have fun!

    ReplyDelete